Welcome to umamisquare.com (hereinafter referred to as the “website” or “site” or “we” or “us”). The website is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the "Terms"). Your use of our website constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.
You agree to be bound by the terms of the present document.
WHAT ARE UMAMI SQUARE’S SHIPPING RULES AND POLICIES?
- Umami Square and our partners take enormous pride in every product we offer and strive to deliver them in the best possible condition on the requested delivery date.
- While there are many things we do to mitigate the risk of shipping fresh and frozen food around the country, there are unfortunately some things outside of our control like the weather and transit delays once the package is in the hands of FedEx, UPS, or USPS. As such, the shipping guidelines published on this website are not guarantees a shipping or arrival date.
- Umami Square is unable to guarantee the time of delivery, as this is all subject to the local carrier. Most carriers will deliver packages anytime between 8am-8pm. If you are placing an order for a time-sensitive event, we recommend placing your order early and schedule it to arrive 1-2 days before your event. A majority of our products can be frozen or refrigerated upon arrival to preserve freshness. In some instances, due to weather, high package volume (especially during holidays), or other uncontrollable events, we may have your product arrive earlier than requested to ensure that it arrives in good condition
- Umami Square is not responsible for delays in transit caused by high package volume, weather, mechanical error, strikes, natural disasters, terrorism safety control, local carrier mis-scans or inaccurate/incomplete shipping information, and we do not require a signature for the release of any shipment. Leaving a package at an address is ultimately up to the individual delivery person's complete discretion and is therefore entirely outside our control.
- Umami Square does not require a signature for the delivery of most of its packages. Umami Square is not responsible for packages that require a signature but are not delivered because no one is home to sign.
- Customers are responsible for checking that all shipping information is correct before submitting an order as well as in their order confirmation email. If you need to modify the delivery address once your order has shipped, an address change processing fee will apply to your order. Once an address modification is requested, carriers require one business day to process the change, which may delay the package. Umami Square is not responsible for delays in transit caused by address modification.
- There are no returns, refunds or cancellations allowed on any orders that have shipped.
- All packages are shipped via UPS or FedEx and therefore we cannot ship to P.O. Box addresses
WHERE DOES MY ORDER SHIP FROM?
- Products on Umami Square are handmade by each food maker, packed, and shipped from their very own shops or facilities to be enjoyed by customers nationwide. We don't make or ship food for them - each item is shipped by the partner shop that created the legendary food item.
- Due to the nature of what we do here at Umami Square, our focus will never be on a large operation producing thousands of products to sit in a distribution facility. A select few of our partners do make their products fresh directly at their shops and transport them to a distribution center for shipping fulfillment. This gives select partner-shops the ability to ship their coveted products all over the country from a more centrally located area. The centers receive very frequent refills of product to guarantee our customers always receive a fresh product.
CAN I SHIP TO A PO BOX, OR ARE THERE DELIVERY RESTRICTIONS?
- Unfortunately we're not able to ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Umami Square ships to residential addresses, businesses, venues, apartment buildings. We do not recommend shipping to USPS facilities, UPS or FedEx distribution centers.
- If you are shipping your order to a hotel, venue, or other public centers such as a hospital, make sure to include the name of the recipient, as well as the hotel/venue name in the address. We encourage you to let the destination know that a perishable shipment is on the way so they are aware. Umami Square is not responsible for packages that are refused by venues.
- If you are shipping to a business, please be aware of the business hours of the building. FedEx and UPS deliver between 8am and 8pm, and while carriers do their best to deliver commercial packages during business hours, Umami Square cannot guarantee a time of delivery during a window of limited business hours.
- FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS MyChoice, two resources that allow you to schedule your delivery times, are only available for residential addresses (not commercial).
DOES UMAMI SQUARE SHIP OVERSEAS?
- At the moment, we ship to the domestic United States only. We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Unfortunately, at this time we do not ship to Puerto Rico.
- Some of our partner shops will ship non-perishable items to APO/FPO addresses but it would be best to send us an email and ask first, just in case!
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE A SHIPMENT?
- Umami Square items are either handcrafted when you order or produced in limited quantities and shipped directly from our partner shops. Delivery times and shipping costs vary depending on what food maker you are ordering from. This information can all be found at checkout, after you enter your shipping address.
- COVID Delivery Wait Times: The next available delivery date shown at checkout may be a few days or weeks away because the food maker has hit their order limits on all previous dates and is no longer accepting new orders for that delivery date. This wait time is due to the current high demand of products. Or in some cases, the food maker has temporarily paused shipping operations, causing the delay.
- Please refer to the product details page when you place your order for estimated delivery dates. In some cases, a shipping upgrade may be required to ensure your package is delivered on the date you need it. Once your item has been handed off to a shipping carrier you will receive an email from us with your tracking information.
HOW IS MY FOOD PACKED AND SHIPPED?
- Just as each one of our Umami Square explorers is different, so is every food expedition! Every item on Umami Square is handmade, packed and shipped specific to that's items needs to ensure the freshest, most delicious food arrives at your door.
- You can read the Instructions / Storage section on each product page to find out whether an item if it requires prep (i.e., ships frozen and/or deconstructed) or is ready to enjoy upon delivery. If you have additional questions about a specific product, just contact our Food Concierge team at email@example.com our team is very familiar with the packaging practices of all Umami Square partner shops.
WHY CAN'T I SHIP UMAMI SQUARE'S FRESH PRODUCE PRODUCTS TO MY ADDRESS?
- At Umami Square, we want everyone to be able to enjoy the best food offered. However, due to Arizona and California agriculture laws, many of our merchants are unable to ship fresh produce to these states.
- Any orders shipping to these states will be canceled and refunded. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
DO I HAVE TO BE HOME TO SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE WHEN IT'S DELIVERED?
- We don't require a signature for delivery on most of our packages. That said, we do recommend opening your package soon after delivery to properly store any items that require refrigeration. Umami Square is not responsible for packages reported damaged due to a delay in opening and/or not properly storing the package’s contents upon delivery. It is at the discretion of the driver to ring the doorbell upon delivery, and due to COVID-19, additional precautions are being taken for the safety of both parties.
- The decision to leave an unattended package at your front door is solely up to the discretion of the driver. If your order is delivering to an office or communal living space, carriers may deliver the package to your front desk or mailroom. If the driver feels it is safe to leave the package, then they will do so. We are not responsible for missed deliveries, sometimes resulting in a damaged product, because no one was home and the driver felt it was unsafe to leave it.
- Once your package is in the shipping carrier's hands we have no control over the time they will deliver it-. But, the good news is that both FedEx and UPS give you the ability to schedule your delivery times for all of your residential packages
PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED BY A SPECIFIC TIME, HOW TO ARRANGE THIS?
- Once your package is in the shipping carrier's hands we have no control over the time they will deliver it. But, the good news is that both FedEx and UPS give you the ability to schedule your delivery times for all of your residential packages!
- If you know that you are not going to be home and are worried about them not leaving your package at your door, we strongly encourage you to schedule your delivery window directly with FedEx or UPS. Their Delivery Manager platforms are flexible and allow you to schedule the delivery of your package within a short time-frame to ensure you will never miss a package at your home again.
- Once you receive your tracking email from us letting you know that your package has shipped, go to one of the below links to schedule a delivery time or a pick-up location/time that works for you:
- Packages Shipped Via FedEx: Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager
- Packages Shipped Via UPS: Sign up for UPS My Choice
WHY WON'T THE DRIVER JUST LEAVE THE PACKAGE AT MY DOOR?
- Umami Square does not require a signature for the delivery of most of its packages. The decision to leave an unattended package at your front door is solely up to the discretion of the driver. If the driver feels it is safe to leave the package, then they will do so. If you live in a residential community, carriers may deliver your package to a mailroom or front desk. Umami Square is not responsible for missed deliveries because no one was home and the driver felt it was unsafe to leave it, or, if the package does require a signature and no one was home to sign.
- If you plan to be away for the day of delivery, we encourage customers to arrange for someone to pick up the package and freeze or refrigerate the items as recommended.
- It is at the discretion of the driver to ring the doorbell upon delivery, and due to COVID-19, additional precautions are being taken for the safety of both parties.
NON-DELIVERY DUE TO ABSENCE OF REQUIRED PERSON AT HOME
- It is the sole responsibility of the customer to notify a gift recipient of a pending delivery. While we do not require a signature for most of our packages, FedEx and UPS drivers will only leave the package at a recipient's door, or other secure location, if the driver believes it is 'safe' and reasonable to do so. For packages from Tipsy Scoop, an adult signature upon delivery is required, therefore the driver will not leave the package at the door if no one is home to sign.
- If the recipient is not available to receive the delivery and FedEx determines the delivery location is not ‘safe,’ Umami Square is not responsible for a damaged product and/or additional shipping fees.
MY ORDER WAS NOT DELIVERED ON THE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL DATE
- While Umami Square and our partner shops do everything in our power to ensure your order delivers exactly when scheduled, in some instances early or late delivery may occur. Delivery dates provided to Umami Square customers are estimated due to reasons beyond our control.
- Once an order has shipped from one of our partner shops, Umami Square is not responsible for delays in transit caused by high package volume, weather, mechanical error, strikes, natural disasters, terrorism safety control, inaccurate shipping information, or the service policies of our carriers. Your order may arrive earlier than expected due to shorter than anticipated transit time(s). We schedule our packages to ship in accordance with the delivery date selected, based on the standard arrival window provided by FedEx or UPS.
- Delays may also occur due to inaccurate shipping information provided by the customer. Umami Square is not responsible for packages that are delayed in transit due to incorrect or incomplete shipping information.
- Umami Square offers Saturday deliveries for the convenience of our customers, however weekend delivery can be limited or unavailable in rural areas. Due to this, we are unable to accommodate all Saturday deliveries; your delivery date may be subject to change if your address is in a limited service area.